Date(s) - 15/10/2020
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Learning to Listen
Thursday 5th March 2019 9.30-15.30
Thursday 15th October 2019 9.30-15.30
For teaching assistants, class teachers and other ‘non-specialists’ working with children who have had their cochlear implants for up to about 4 years.
Effective listening is a pre-requisite for understanding and using spoken language.
- What are the stages of learning to listen?
- How can you encourage children with cochlear implants to listen to and understand sounds, words and sentences?
- Please note: A half day “Learning to Listen” can be offered in your setting, tailored to the child/children you are working with. Cost £100 payable to The Ear Trust for four members of staff or more. Please contact Joanne Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to discuss.
- £25.00 including lunch
- ‘Very useful, enjoyable and interesting. Lots to take back and put into practice.’
- ‘Fantastic – would definitely recommend to colleagues.’
- This popular course includes plenty of ‘hands-on’ experience and practical ideas for developing listening