We have come a long way in the last three years, together with the support from Bradford Royal Infirmary we have created a centre of excellence. The new Listening For Life Centre which is pivotal for YCIS. We manage the assessment of the young babies, children and adults referred to us with severe to profound hearing losses.
Since we moved in in March ’09 we have held numerous workshops, National and International meetings in the Shears Foundation Lecture Hall
We still need significant funds to complete equipping the centre. Some of the items we need include new and replacement clinical and diagnostic equipment. Also what has been acquired.
- screening otoacoustic emissions
- automated brain stem audiology screening tympanometer – priority
- sound level meters – now funded
- diagnostic otoacoustic auditory emissions
- visual re-enforced audiology tests
- Meg SS3 free field warbler – now funded
- diagnostic tympanometer
- Phoenix Speech tests
- aurical hearing aid test box
- POCIA MRC hearing aid hardware
- computers, adderlink boxes and printers – 2 more still required
- biologic NAV Pro steady state evoked potential
- toys – always needed
- Still on the horizon we are planning to help raise funds for a special scanner – CONE BEAM TECHNOLOGYThe equipment works like a CT scan but will produce very high quality images of the Ear. This wil make significant changes on how we assess both before and after surgery. – estimated cost over £250,000.
a more tangible plan is looking at I pads and APP’s to help with rehab for children and adults. We plan to buy 6 pads in the first instance.
If you come across any suitable APP’s let us know